Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Classic TV shows

Guest written by our friend Sergio Chaney


I love watching classic TV shows. Since we got satellite Tv by Direct TV, I have really been enjoying watching shows that take me back to my younger years. We used to watch Little House on the Prairie with our daughters when they were young. It is such a simple show, unlike a lot of trashy shows that are on TV today. I have also been watching Green Acres and I Love Lucy. I love the cleanliness of the comedy on these shows. My favorite I Love Lucy episode is the one where she is stuffing chocolates into her mouth because she can’t get them off of the conveyor belt fast enough. I laugh out loud at that episode every time I see it. I think that a lot of young people today do not appreciate true comedy. A lot of them watch Comedy Central, which shows a lot of foul-mouthed stand up comedians. That is not pure comedy to me. I would pick my older shows over Comedy Central any day. I am so glad that I am able to watch all of my old favorite shows on satellite TV.




1 comment:

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

I love watching classic TV shows, too! I generally fall asleep these days to the "insp" station, reading, with "The Waltons" on the tube. "Little House on the Prairie is still a favorite and still makes me cry every episode I watch.