Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My First Blogger Award

Okay, so I'm sitting here having a totally crappy day. One of those days where everything I touched turned to crap. No energy, no ambition, just a blah day. And the longer this day wore on, the worse it got. Household appliances going on strike, email messages that send my anger into the stratosphere, family issues that cause me to think about taking up a serious drinking habit. You know, normal Tuesday stuff (not).





Then evening roles around and I open my email to find something so unexpected that it actually gave me a new perspective on the day. Traci66 left a comment on yesterday's post to let me know that she's passed on a blog award that she had received. I've been honored with The Versatile Blogger award and I couldn't be happier. No matter how crappy my day had been to this point, it is way better now.

There are a few things I have to do in order to accept this award, but no problem. I'm thrilled to do it. The first thing is that I've got to write up a little something that to share with everyone. I have to post a list of 7 random facts about myself that others might not know. So here goes.

1.) I can eat an entire avocado in a sitting. I love them, with a little lemon pepper. Mmmmm, avocados.
2.) On the day I was born, out of the 6 babies in the nursery, I was the only girl.
3.) I've been writing since the 4th grade.
4.) I don't believe in aliens (little green men type), but I do believe in ghosts.
5.) I am the youngest of 3 girls....but I'm an only child.
6.) I've had the hots for Kiefer Sutherland since 1986.
7.) I'm a hopeless romantic, a serious pack rat, and a creative dreamer.

Okay, now the next thing I need to do to accept my award is to pass it along to 15 other bloggers. That could be a bit tricky as I'm not sure I know that many, and those that I do know have probably already won this award. But, I will give it my best shot.

The first person I have to give this award to is my friend Ruthi. Honey, I don't know if you know enough other bloggers to hand this out to, but you are one of the most versatile bloggers I know.

2.) The Girl Next Door Grows Up--She's awesome and I can't wait for her writing contest.
3.) Kimberly at Candid, Clever, and Cost-Effective
4.) Lynn from Midday Escapades
5.) Valerie from Let's Just Give It Away
6.) Michelle from Faith On Fire
7.) Kristin from Born 2 Be Mom
8.) Staycee from Survey Junkie
9.) Mellisa from Fun Saving Money
10.) Beth from Steals, Deals, and Life
11.) Alyssa from She's Mommafied
12.) Erika from Musings of a Stay at Home Mom
13.)Nicole from Colie's Kitchen
14.) Earthly Mama from Children Teaching Mama
15.) Nicole from Mama to 4 Blessings



Christine Senter

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the award:) That was very sweet!

Colie's Kitchen said...

WOW I am super excited!! Thank you so much!!!

Social Media Junkie said...

Hey Christine,
Thank you for thinking of me, I really appreciate it and am happy that your day turned around for you yesterday. Blah days are the worst.
I hope you have a great Wednesday and rest of your week :)
Staycee
www.sjunkie.com

KristinMarieCA said...

Thanks so much for the award, that's very kind of you! I'll do my best to pass it along :)

Sapheyerblu said...

I'm glad you were all happy with your awards. I was thrilled to get mine, but was even happier to pass them along.

Christine

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you were having an icky day, but so happy you got an award! Congrats!!!

Also, thank you for thinking of me to pass it along to!

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Just like you, this made my day! Off to visit your 10 friends before I busy myself with my own award post. Thank you Christine!

Kimberly said...

Thank you so much for the award - so sweet of you!!