Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Friday, September 17, 2010

I Got My Kindle

It's here!!!  My new Kindle showed up at about 9am and I've had an absolute ball playing with it already.  It took about 2-3 hours for the battery to completely charge, and from there it was a matter of getting it registered with Amazon.com and downloading the few books I had already downloaded to my Kindle For PC.  I also found a couple more titles that I wanted to check out and they were each a free book.  One book is called "Kiss Me Deadly" and the other is called "His Lady Mistress". Along with the others I've already downloaded, that should tide me over until I can add a few more funds to my Paypal account and get the books I really want.

So far, I'm totally impressed with my Kindle.  I didn't have any problems figuring out how to get it started.  Once you plug it into an outlet or your computer to charge the battery, there are instructions on the Kindle on how to go from there.  If you can read, you can figure out how it works.  I'm still learning how to work my cell phone I got 6 months ago, so don't think I'm some kind of gadget genius.

As time goes on, I'll give updates on how it works and maybe even some of the books I've read thanks to my Kindle.  Yeah, I'm a little excited about this.  Not only did I win a really cool prize from Bitten By Books, it showed up on my doorstep on my birthday.  Life is grand.

Christine Senter

3 comments:

A Musing Mother said...

You're my hero. Also, you won a book from my blog. Send me your address and I'll send you a book.

ntaylor 228 at yahoo dot com

Sapheyerblu said...

I DID????? Holy cow, this day just keeps getting better.

Thanks honey. Sending right now

Vodka Logic said...

"if you can read you can figure it out".... thats funny...