Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Learning To Work Helium.com

I'm always on the lookout for sites that pay a person for their writings. I've found several, but not all of them are as wonderful as their made out to be. One of them is a site called Helium.com. I remember when this site first hit the Internet a few years back, and it had a lot of potential. It was designed so that people could post debates and answer questions.

Now, however, Helium.com is another news article site. You can still create debates and post on existing ideas, but the pay scale isn't all that great. It used to be that you were paid a set amount for your articles, but now you're only paid for incoming traffic. In the four months that I've been trying to make this site work for me, I've made a total of $0.04. Yep, that's right, 4 cents.

I do have to be honest here and say that I would probably have made more if I had added more articles. I've only done 7 articles to date, but I don't want to be one of those people who post simply for the act of posting. I don't know a lot about many of the topics, and the topics I do have knowledge about, already have a ton of posts on them.

I am giving Helium.com a real shot though. I can't say they suck without really giving the site a chance. I can say that I'm not impressed, but I still have to at least try to make the site work. Who knows, maybe I can figure out the formula and make a real go of it.

No comments: