Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Joined a new social netowrk

I'm becoming totally addicted to social sites. Not sites like StumbleUpon or Digg, but sites where others can come together and hang out. Now, some sites are nothing more than glorified dating services, and that's not for me. I've joined a couple sites over the past week that I ended up opting out of less than 2 hours after joining. Why? Because every weirdo on the planet decided to come say "HI". Even when I posted that I was a happily married woman, they still kept coming. 15 of them in just over an hour. Screw that.

However, I've just joined a site called Gather.com, that is really a neat site. It's a really neat place for writers to get together and hang out. It's a place to publish your work, make new writing friends, join in writing groups, and a lot more. So far, I'm very happy about this place. I'm hoping it brings in some traffic to a couple of my sites, but even if it doesn't, it's going to be a nice place to get some writing ideas.

Come check out my page on Gather.com. So far, I've only added one story. But, I'm hoping to use the site to further my writing abilities. It's time I stopped pretending and got off my keester and did something for real. The only person I've got to blame for me not making any money with my writings is me.

No comments: