Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Thursday, March 27, 2008

What is HD Digital Radio

I've been hearing a lot of chatter about HD Radio, but I really didn't know what it was. I just thought it was some plug-in you put on your blog, or some kind of download that would cost a bazillion dollars to have on your computer. But, that's not what it is at all. In order to get HD Radio, you first need an HD Radio Receiver.

The cool thing about HD Radio is that you can get it in your car, or in your home. Once you've set up your reciever, you can get regular radio stations like a normal radio. Of course, depending on where you live, will determine which stations you'll receive. For instance, if you live in New York, you can scan through the list and find all the New York High Definition Radio stations. If you live in Colorado, you simply click on that state and do the same thing. It's pretty easy to find exactly what you're looking for.

One thing I know my kids would love about HD Radio is their iPod dock with iTunes Tagging. Simply put, this is a docking station reciever. You simply place your iPod in the top and whenever a song comes on that you enjoy, you hit the Tag button, and that song is automatically downloaded into your iPod. That's something my kids would clean just about anything for.

The only cost I can find with this is with the HD Radio Reciever itself. There are a wide range of receivers, many with the iPod function built in, and a few are listed for less than $50. Then, you get to listen to the radio for free, just as if you were listening from a normal stereo system. This sounds like something that my family would definately enjoy. My kids would just love the iPod Tagging, and my husband would love the fact that there was only one base cost. Myself, I'd love the fact that I could listen to the radio, and get the music that I love.

No comments: