Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Saturday, November 17, 2007

World's Easiest Yummy Treat

I make a special treat for my family every year around this time. No, not for the holidays, but just because the air is beginning to get colder and they all need something warm in their tummies before they head off to bed. It's homemade hot chocolate mix, and it's way easy.

4 cups powdered milk
1 cup instant creamer (non-flavored)
1 cup powdered sugar
2 1/2-3 cups powdered chocolate milk mix

Combine ingredients and place in a sealable container.

Add 1/4-1/3 cup of mix in a cup and add hot water. It's rich, creamy, and cheaper in the long run as you usually have enough ingredients to make a double batch.

This is my favorite recipe that was handed down to me from my grandmother and my aunts.

2 comments:

Matt Huggins said...

Oooh, that sounds good, I think I'm going to have to make some for my girlfriend! Do you add marshmallows to yours? :)

sapheyerblu said...

I like marshmallows in mine, but the hubby doens't. So, I just keep a bag near the cocoa mix.

She's gonna love you for this. :)