Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Saturday, September 1, 2007

How Bout Those Huskers

Yes boys and girls, I am a die-hard Nebraska Cornhusker fan. Whether they win or lose, I'm right there all the way, and boy howdy did they give me a reason to scream for my team today.

Nebraska played against the Nevada WolfPack today, and sent them back home with their tails between their legs. Whoo Hoo 52-10. It took them awhile to get back into the swing of things, as this was the first game of the season, but once they got it together, they went all out.

I still remember the days when Tom Osborne was the head coach and our boys won back to back championships. It's been a long time since those days, but if today was any indication as to what's coming in the weeks ahead, we might have a chance.

Of course, I should mention that Nevada isn't a top ranked team, and next week we play Wake Forest. The boys still have a lot to prove, but our new little quarterback seems to be our ticket back into the big time.

I love college football. There's just something about the spirit and rivalry that gets my blood boiling. I don't watch pro ball. With college ball, it's about the love of the game, with pro ball, it's all about the money.

So, every Saturday for the next few months, I'll be glued to my tv and screaming my brains out. GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!

No comments: