Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Friday, August 10, 2007

I've been Flashed

Yes boys and girls, I just got done watching the pilot episode of the new sci-fi series, Flash Gordon.

Many years ago, in the late 70's or in the early 80's, someone made a movie called Flash Gordon and being the lover of science fiction that I am, I fell in love with the movie. When I heard that there was a series coming out, I had to watch.

So, here's my take on the first episode of Flash Gordon. The guy they got to play the part of Flash is perfect for the part. I like the way they've written his part, as there's just enough comic relief to make it entertaining, but enough intrigue to make you want more.

The character of Ming the Merciless SUCKS. I'm not at all impressed with the actor they've casted in this part. First of all, Ming should be sinister and menacing, and this guy is neither of those things. Second, he's short. The kind of person you'd see getting his butt kicked on the playground. They really screwed that one up.

The rest of the cast is pretty good. The part of Dale Arden was cast well, as the young woman playing the part is sassy, straight forward, and can carry her own, from what I can tell so far.

For the most part, I think this is going to be a fairly descent show and am looking forward to next Friday so I can see the next episode. If the pilot is any indication of what's to come, I think I'm going to enjoy this one a lot.

4 comments:

Ad Tracker said...

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Flash now let's see how you enjoy being TAGGED! :)

sapheyerblu said...

Thanks honey. I've been tagged so many times, that my blog is bruised. LOL

Ad Tracker said...

I'm sorry, I know you've been busy lately on your new project. I didn't mean to pile on.

I just know you uaually like to play along and this link train is fairly young.

You don't have to do mine if you don't want to. I know you're swamped.

Can't wait to see PopularBlogger :-)

sapheyerblu said...

Don't you sweat it, Angel Face. I've always got time to hang out with a friend. Or in this case, play a little game with a friend.

I will have it posted before the day is over. No matter how busy I get, I'll always have time for my family and my friends.