Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Trying to swing back in

Well it's been well over a year since I last posted on this site but I think it's high time I did.  For the past year, I've stepped completely away from the writing game as my life has gone off in a whole new direction.

When I say I stepped away from the writing game, I mean that in every sense of the word.  I haven't written much at all since December of 2011. I won't get into all the sorted details but I am finding that it's not so easy to just jump back into the swing of things and pick up where I left off.

Up until that time I had been writing for several companies and individuals and making a nice little sum of money.  It wasn't enough to put me in a new house or anything like that, but if I decided I needed a new pair of shoes or wanted to pamper myself a little, it wasn't an issue. But now it seems to be all I can do to sit down in front of this computer and put out words that make any sense.

I've been thinking about getting back into writing again for some time but wasn't sure where to go to get started.  I didn't know who to talk to or if anyone out there could even help.  I've tried looking up places online but that didn't seem to help either. So this is my way of trying to find myself once again.

I've kind of revamped this site, not much but a bit, just to feel like I'm actually doing something productive.  I've posted something over at a place I'd written on some time ago called Gather.com, and then I decided it was time to just sit down here and write.  Not much in the way of thinking about what I'm writing, but just writing to say I'd actually written something today.

I don't know how well this will go, but I have to do something to get myself back into the writing game.  Even if it's only a slow start, I need to find a place to start.  So where better than my own little home on the web and in front of people who already know what kind of a dork I can really be.  So here we go....