Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Return of the Highlander

Whoo Hoo. I'm a happy little camper!! I just saw a preview of an upcoming movie on the Sci-Fi channel. A new Highlander movie.

I remember when the first highlander movie came out in the 80's. I was totally engrossed and became a huge fan. Being of Scottish and Irish heritage, I found it interesting that one of my clansmen was being portrayed as an immortal. Of course, the whole premise of the movie was total fiction, but it was so cool.

Then, in the late 80's, early 90's came the Highlander tv show, starring the totally gorgeous Adrian Paul. What a babe. He played the part of Duncan McCloud, who was supposed to be a distant relative of the original character, Connor McCloud, played by Christopher Lambert.

Anyway, it seems there is going to be a new tv movie called Highlander; the Source. I'm so excited. I loved the movies and the tv show, so this is going to be a really cool thing for me. The only downfall is that it appears that Connor McCloud won't be making an appearance in this film. Bummer! But that's ok, as long as Duncan is there, all is well.

I know it's kind of weird to get all hopped up over a movie, but I've always been a fan of ancient history, and the ancient tales of the British Isles. I would have loved to have been alive all those years ago, just to see where some of those tales originated from.

From what I've seen, it looks like the movie will air Saturday, September 15th. I guarantee that I'll be firmly glued to my television. Of course, with my luck it will air at the same time as the Husker game, and I'll be forced to go back and forth between the 2 channels. Depending on how good the game is, will depend on how much time I spend at that channel. LOL

No comments: