Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Thursday, April 4, 2013

I Am A Writer

There I said it.  I've always been told that if you really want something, you've got to profess it.  So that's what I'm doing.  And I am a writer.  I've been writing since I was old enough to realize that all my "imaginary" friends could be put to paper and a real world would emerge.

Though I'm not exactly back to the point I'd like to be, I'm well on my way.  The more I write, especially on this blog, the more my confidence is beginning to grow.  I'm loving it too.  I'm starting to feel like I'm accomplishing something real.  That's a huge deal for me.  I'm getting past that whole "I don't think I can do this anymore" stance.  I'm starting to get into this whole "I think I can, I think I can" mode.

I know I have a long road ahead of me, but it's one I'm starting to get excited about once again.  The more I work toward achieving my goal, the happier I'm becoming.  I just have to keep at a steady pace.  I want to just jump in with both feet and go for it, but I also know that with not writing for over a year, I've got to make sure I know the in's and out's of the industry.  One thing I have learned is that trends change quickly on the Internet.  What was the "in" thing a year ago may be a huge no-no today.

I will get there, one way or another.  It's going to take me some time to get there, but everyday is another step in the "write" direction.  I can't give up and I have to keep moving forward.  After all, I can do this because I am a writer!