Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Monthly Blogger Writer Talent Showcase

Hey kids, I found the coolest little site last night and I thought I'd share. But before I had a chance to tell you about this awesome little site, The Girl who runs the site had the audacity to go and make it even better. You'll notice that I capitalized the The Girl and that's because that's what she's know by and her site is called The Girl Next Door Grows Up.



Most people know that I'm more than just a mommy who writes on her blog each day. I'm also a writer, a reader, a quilter, and slightly touched in the head. I put writer first because that's my first love, being a writer. I've been writing stories since I was in the 4th grade, but telling stories since I was old enough to use my imagination. So when I read that The Girl is going to start hosting a monthly link up on her site that's more about the writing than anything else, needless to say I was thrilled. Starting on Sunday, October 3rd, she'll open up a linky on her site where you can add your favorite post of that month. It can of any topic, any subject, whatever you want. But!!! You can only link to one post per blog/site.

The link-up will be live for a total of 48. After that, The Girl will read each and every post and choose one that she likes the most. The person behind that post will win a prize for the month and be featured in the following month's link up. Cool, huh?

There are a few rules to follow, but they're not all that bad. First and foremost, you've got to either follow The Girl on GFC or subscribe to her newsletter. If you don't happen to win on a particular month, please be kind enough not to leave nasty comments as they'll be removed and you will never be forgotten. If you've got more than one site like I do, you can link to one post on each site.

Now for the part that makes this way cool. Right now, The Girl has a killer giveaway going on as a way to help promote her new link-up. She's giving away a $50 Visa gift card. That's like getting free money and who couldn't use a little free money these days. Check out the post and see how many different entries you can get in on.

For all the giveaways, contests, and link-ups I've run across in the past few months, I think this is one of the best. It might just give me the incentive to start writing again and see what I can come up with. And for those who have a little something to throw into the works, The Girl is always looking for prize items and/or donations to give out. If you've got something you thing would make a great prize, get in touch with The Girl and let her know.

So come on kids, let's get our creative juices flowing and get ready for a whole new link-up idea.


Christine Senter

No comments: