Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Finally made it home

Ok, kids. I guess I need to get in here and let everyone know that I made it home from Boy Scout Camp. You know what the best part about being home is? Sleeping in my own bed as opposed to sleeping on a flipping cot that gave me severe legs aches all week at camp. LOL, oh and Internet access.

So, let's do a break down of my week at Scout camp. Where do I start? How about the fact that I hadn't even gotten 10 miles outside of town and got a speeding ticket. Yep, I got busted for doing 75 in a 65. Hell of a way to start the trip. But I thought, no big deal, get the bad stuff out of the way and have a great week.

Ok, we get to camp on Sunday afternoon. Got all set up and quickly found out that the place was swarmed with mosquitos AND ticks. They were thick. Why??? Because it has rained so much around that area that there is standing pools of stagnant water everywhere. Then, Sunday night, it rained all bloody night long.

Monday was hot and humid, which caused major storms Monday night. We ended up in the tornado shelter around midnight, but not because of a tornado. It was because of all the lightning and hail that was in the surrounding areas. One town north of where we were ended up with 8 inches of quarter sized hail. They had to get the snow plows out in order to open the roads.

Tuesday was the only day it didn't rain. But it was very hot and I ended up with a nasty heat rash on my arms. LOL. I have to laugh because it was my own damn fault for not using sun screen or covering up.

Wednesday is the day we cooked our own stuff at dinner. We made it through dinner before it started raining, but all my boys had a blast. Even in the rain, they were running and playing. It was pretty fun. I even got out there and played in the rain. One of the camp directors came down and had dinner with us, which made it even more fun. Thanks Chris, my boys had a ball.

Thursday and Friday were pretty much hot days and stormy nights, but again, we all had a great time. Saturday morning came all too soon, and it was time to go home. I know most of this post sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm not. I had a blast the whole time we were there, and knowing that this was the last time I'll be going to camp makes me want to cry.

If any of the staff from camp is reading this, I want you all to know that the past 5 years have been some of the best in my life. I love you all very much and will always consider you my friends, even if I never see you again. You have made a huge impact in my life, and in the lives of my boys. Because of you, we all know that there are certain things we can do that we never thought possible.

Ernie, Jeff, Chris, Anna, and Mama Bear, I will carry you all in my heart until my last breath.

Oh yeah, one more thing. MMMOOOOOKKKIIIIIEEEEEEE (inside joke)


silken said...

we leave this weekend for my daughter's camp. five days. I will help in the kitchen and this year my son gets to be a jr. counselor, and my husband directs, so we'll all be there together!

Anonymous said...

ok there u go again with mooookiiiieeee , im blushing again thanks chris loves ya