Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Just think, boys and girls, in just a few short hours, your doorsteps will be the resting stop for all the little ghouls and goblins in the neighborhood. I have my bowl full of candy ready for the little monsters who will be peeking out from behind their little masks tonight. I'm kind of excited.

Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, but the rest of my family loves it, so I do this for them. We'll have the orange lights in the windows, the scary witch hanging from the front door, and the 4 ft. tall, blow-up pumpkin in the front yard. We'll pass out candy to all the kids in town and then I'll sit up and watch old monster movies all night.

Then, as of midnight tonight, I'll begin writing my novel. Yes, it's almost here. Time for me to finally get started on NaNoWriMo. I have lists and lists of ideas ready to be put down on paper/computer screen, and the main character and I have already had a disagreement on how she's going to die in the first chapter. I wanted her to die saving someone's life, but she's determined to die from a brain hemorage. I guess it's her death, she can have it how she wants it. (Yes, my characters talk to me. LOL)

So, as you go about feeding the spooky little critters in your neck of the woods, remember me as I set out on my own scary journey and start my Great American Novel. LOLOLOL

No comments: