Memberships, RSS, Blog Engage

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Say a prayer for me

Now, don't get to freaked out. I'm not injured, my mother's not sick, and my children are in their respective rooms. No, I need prayers for a whole different reason. I'm getting ready to go to Boy Scout camp. Seven fun filled days with several hundred teen-aged boys who are allowed to play with fire and sharp instruments. AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!

Keep in mind, I'm not the only female scout leader at camp. There are actually quite a few of us. Many of these women are very good at what they do and I bow down to their abilities.

I usually have as much fun as the boys, and have learned a lot of things about life, and about myself. My favorite part of camp is when I first get there and meet a large, male scout master for the first time. I'm smaller than most of the kids there, and don't look as though I could whip my way out of a wet paper bag. However, by the time camp's over, those same men and shaking my hand and patting me on the back. It's awesome.

I'm not the kind of person who sits by the sidelines and watches what's going on around me. No, I'm the kind of person who gets out there and dives in with both feet, not worrying about what will happen. A couple years back, I brought home some lovely parting gifts. I had bruises on both arms and one of my legs and they were the prettiest shades of eewww.

Just pray that I don't trip over my own two feet and break my arm. Pray that I don't end up at camp and realize that I've forgotten something we really needed. Pray that the weather cooporates with us this year. And finally, pray that counselors survive my little troop of wayward children again this year.

It's going to be a long week.



2 comments:

silken said...

good luck!

I am leaving for camp also! a camp of third through sixth graders. it's not bad, especially since I am one of the cooks.

sapheyerblu said...

I've seen the cook's job, and sometimes it's not pretty.

Have fun and let me know when you get back. LOL